The above graph displays service status activity for Pottermore.com over the last 10 automatic checks. The blue bar displays the response time, which is better when smaller. If no bar is displayed for a specific time it means that the service was down and the site was offline.
Service Status History :
|Date||Time||Ping Time||Date||Time||Ping Time|
|18.May.2013||04:16||589.66 ms.||18.May.2013||19:15||370.32 ms.|
|19.May.2013||10:02||368.33 ms.||19.May.2013||13:58||370.42 ms.|
|19.May.2013||22:24||385.73 ms.||20.May.2013||06:26||472.17 ms.|
|20.May.2013||18:48||360.08 ms.||21.May.2013||10:02||557.21 ms.|
|22.May.2013||00:32||423.07 ms.||22.May.2013||07:05||615.57 ms.|
* Times displayed are PST, Pacific Standard Time (GMT -08:00) - Current server time is 16:00
We have tried pinging Pottermore website using our server and the website returned the above results. If pottermore.com is down for us too there is nothing you can do except waiting. Probably the server is overloaded, down or unreachable because of a network problem, outage or a website maintenance is in progress...
If the site is UP but you cant access the page, try one of the below solutions:
Browser Related Problems
- Force a full refresh for the site. This can be achieved by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on your favourite browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
- Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser to make sure that you have the most recent version of the web page. For instructions choose your browser :
Fix DNS Problems
A Domain Name System (DNS) allows a site IP address (192.168.x.x) to be identified with words (*.com) in order to be remembered more easily, like a phonebook for websites. This service is usually provided by your ISP.
- Clear your local DNS cache to make sure that you grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. For Windows - (Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter). For details choose your operating system :
- If you can access a website at office or from a 3G network yet it's not working on your computer, it is a good idea to use an alternative DNS service other than your ISPs. OpenDNS or Google Public DNS are both excellent and free public DNS services.
- Check our help page for step-by-step instructions on how to change your DNS.
Ads by Google
|Stormy Templeton · 9 March 2013 - 16:16|
Pottermore just went down.
|Laney Dean Johnson · 25 February 2013 - 17:35|
When I am buying e-books i get to the "added payment security" and it never authorises and just stays on that page
|Kyle Quisenberry · 22 February 2013 - 21:43|
it's back up now for chrome
|Kyle Quisenberry · 22 February 2013 - 20:48|
I just sent them a tweet tho, so i'll keep you updated as I have mobile msg enabled for PM
|Alex Rivers · 22 February 2013 - 20:40|
yeah I just tried using firefox to get to it after you said that and Firefox makes it work... hmm so apparently they broke their chrome compatibility somehow.
|Kyle Quisenberry · 22 February 2013 - 20:37|
it's saying it's currently down when I visit the site in chrome and yet it's up when visiting it via firefox lol
|Alex Rivers · 22 February 2013 - 19:39|
pottermore is down right now... I've tried on multiple computers and internet connections.
|Laura Umphrey · 24 August 2012 - 17:20|
Having trouble with site, either not coming up at all or the purple page comes up. What is the deal?
Submit a comment using your Facebook ID.
Is Pottermore.com down for you right now? Submit your comments about Pottermore.com service status or report an issue below to let others know that they aren't the only ones having trouble.